Sunday, December 2, 2007

New tournament series at Bytom

Hi, I'm Tomasz Ślązok and want to tell you that next weekend Bytom will hold a new Go tournament series.

When I founded a Bytom Go Club there were only 6 people who were interested in Go. Because of many life issues in past few years, the member list was very short. There were some days when nobody was present in the club.

Fortunately now in our club we have 20 members and some go equipment, so we took a decision to organise a good tournament, but it is not that simple :] there are many obstructions.

First problem was a go equipment for more than 20 people. Fortunately in Śląsk all around there are many go clubs which are very friendly and gave us a hand. I want to thank you all, especially the Krakow group.

Next issue was webpage and advertisement. For this Piotr Zychowicz is responsibile
and I think he is doing very well.

Today I finished a tournament agenda and decided that I will be a referee for this tournament. 2 weeks ago I was a referee in Polish Go Championship and I learnt a lot there.

Bytom Go Tournament
8-9 December
Address: ul. Powstańców Warszawskich 12, 41-902 Bytom

More at http://www.4turniej.go.pl/

No comments: