Friday, January 11, 2008

Polish Training Camp

From 3th to 6th January in Wisła were Training Camp for Dan Player from Poland. I participate in this training and think this is future for polish Go because many young player are getting stronger but don't have enough possibility to play many games with strong players. This sort of training give them chance to play many games with strong player in very short time.

For 4 days we were playing long games, blitz, solving problems, and replaying professional games. From my perspective this experience made me stronger by half a stone, so now i fell like a EGF Shodan. I was shodan from more than a year but to this year i didn't have a chance to play with strong player so my go wasn't exactly 1Dan.

What a learned from this camp? I can said that my understand of joseki is much greater and in some way my chuban is better - my reading is deeper thanks to many tsumego which i solve in this period. I think the biggest problem for young player in Poland is tsumego. I know that I'm very weak at reading but when high Dan is dying in the early chuban that something is wrong with polish players :(

The solution is to solve more tsumego but everyone knows that this is not easy when you don't have enough time. Even if you have free time to train at home you don't fell you should train because there many other things to do in your home. And this is where this camp is great chance to Polish Go - go somewhere to train Go 24h/day and don't think about something else than go.

No comments: